- Turner’s season ends
- Fitzgerald blows Over Putnam 51-15
- Packers open title defense with 48-16 victory
- Brooks pounds Raiders 48-0
- Worth steamrolls Locust Grove 35-0
- Indians Hold On, Edge Turner 34-24
- Lowndes wins impressively 42-16 Over Tift
- Getting Wet! Tift Sweeps first Tri-Meet
- Turner tames Wilcox 33-12
- Tale of two halves: Tift falls 41-33 to Colquitt
Lady Rebels Defeat Clinch
- Updated: December 10, 2014
Ashburn -The Turner County Lady Rebels hosted region rival Clinch County Tuesday night in Ashburn. Both teams came into the game with unblemished marks of 2-0. Both teams are also coming off strong 2013-2014 campaigns in which both squads made it to the playoffs. This game would give the winner an early lead in the race for the region crown.
Both teams started off somewhat slow in a back and forth first half but Turner County took a slim 20-19 lead into the locker room at half. Whatever Lady Rebels head coach Tasha Kimble said to her girls at halftime must have worked because her girls came out in the second half with a little more intensity. A nine point lead at the end of the third quarter quickly turned into a double digit lead and the Lady Rebels would go on to win 49-35.
Junior Mylashia Yancey would lead the way for the Lady Rebels for the third straight game as she scored a season high 19 points. Taylor Daniels also finished in double figures with 13 points.
The Lady Rebels will host neighboring Wilcox County on Friday night in Ashburn with tip off set at 6:00.