- Payne, TA get first win
- Tift starts slow, scores big to win 31-0
- Tift Ground game dominates Henry Co. 56-7
- Worth battles back, bests Tift 4-2
- Where has Time Gone!
- Lady Gym Devils Finish 2nd Against Colquitt
- Gymdogs Win NCAA Berkeley Regional, Advance To NCAA Championships
- Tiftarea Defeats Brookwood, 4-3
- Gym Devils Vault to a Big Win!
- GymDawgs Fight for a 5th Place Finish in SEC Championship
Lady Rebels Defeat Clinch
- Updated: December 10, 2014
Ashburn -The Turner County Lady Rebels hosted region rival Clinch County Tuesday night in Ashburn. Both teams came into the game with unblemished marks of 2-0. Both teams are also coming off strong 2013-2014 campaigns in which both squads made it to the playoffs. This game would give the winner an early lead in the race for the region crown.
Both teams started off somewhat slow in a back and forth first half but Turner County took a slim 20-19 lead into the locker room at half. Whatever Lady Rebels head coach Tasha Kimble said to her girls at halftime must have worked because her girls came out in the second half with a little more intensity. A nine point lead at the end of the third quarter quickly turned into a double digit lead and the Lady Rebels would go on to win 49-35.
Junior Mylashia Yancey would lead the way for the Lady Rebels for the third straight game as she scored a season high 19 points. Taylor Daniels also finished in double figures with 13 points.
The Lady Rebels will host neighboring Wilcox County on Friday night in Ashburn with tip off set at 6:00.